From January 2016, the BJCA will be running a Grand Prix Competition open to anyone who meets the Berkshire County Team eligibility rules. For this inaugural year, the events comprising the Grand Prix are this season's remaining SAEs. Points will be awarded at each SAE in the normal way, but will also be accumulated throughout the season.
Prize money of £40, £20, and £10 will be awarded to those finishing first, second, and third respectively in each section, making a total prize fund of £280.
Entry to the Grand Prix is free and automatic when a player enters their first SAE of 2016.
Detailed rules concerning the operation of the Grand Prix can be found here.Grand Prix Events
- 30/09/2017 - SAE - Abbey Junior (results included)
- 18/11/2017 - SAE - Reading School (results included)
- 02/12/2017 - SAE - Wellington College (results included)
- 13/01/2018 - SAE - St Nicholas, Hurst
- 13/01/2018 - UK Chess Challenge Qualifier - St Nicholas, Hurst
- 20/01/2018 - SAE - Radstock
- 03/02/2018 - SAE - St Michael's, Sandhurst
- 03/02/2018 - UK Chess Challenge Qualifier - St Michael's, Sandhurst
- 24/02/2018 - SAE - Polehampton (tbc)
- 03/03/2018 - SAE - Downsway (tbc)
Leader boards for: 11 and over Under 11 Under 9 Under 11 Girls