The following Berkshire clubs cater for younger players:Camberley Junior Chess Club
Meets Tuesday evenings at 7:00pm at:
Camberley Baptist Church Hall, 15 Frimley Road, Camberley, GU15 3EN
See www.camberleychess.co.uk for further details.
Contact: Dr. John Upham, (01252) 514372, email@example.com
The club runs during term time only on Sunday mornings from 09:00 to 11:30 at:
East Park Farm Charvil Pavilion, Park Lane, Charvil, RG10 9TY
See www.chesswithdino.co.uk for further details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meets Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. See www.crowthornechess.org.uk for further details.Earley Junior Chess Club
Meets on Tuesdays at 4PM during the Autumn and Spring terms at the Radstock Community Centre
(on the same site as Radstock School).
For further information, email Devi Raju (email@example.com) or Jim Hoskins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Meets on Saturday mornings during school term at Claires Court Junior Boys School
For further information, contact Nigel Dennis (Telephone 01491 576052, email email@example.com) or John Wager (Telephone 0118 932 0127, email firstname.lastname@example.org).Sandhurst Chess Club
Meets on Fridays from 6.30pm - 9pm at:
Camberley Baptist Church,
For further details, see www.sandhurstchessclub.co.uk
Alec Aslett - Club Secretary
Tel: 01344 - 761075
- We currently have 25 active juniors.
- We play in two Leagues (Berkshire and Surrey Border League) of which our juniors actively play in.
- We have three internal Junior competitions running simultaneously to keep our juniors active and run fun activities on a weekly basis
- Two of our juniors are current England players (Nikhil Kadambadi and Oliver Thornley)
- Sandhurst has several active Grandmasters and International masters who regularly play in the adult team although some juniors are now making headway in playing some matches in division 1.
- Sandhurst CC has won the Berkshire Championship six times since 2008
Berkshire Adult Chess Clubs
Some adult chess clubs in Berkshire also welcome junior players, although this is usually more appropriate for older, secondary school age children. We know that Maidenhead and Reading have junior members. You may wish to check the Berkshire Chess Association website for the contact details for clubs close to you.